- Wear Pants – even working at home alone. No one takes a pantless person seriously.
- There is no crying in IT – mostly because it makes me uncomfortable
- The computers are malicious and out to get you – anthropomorphizing the little buggers is acceptable. Get them before they get you.
- IT is a scam – There are no tangible results and our continued existence relies on having continued problems to fix.
- People are more important than machines – No matter how well you can move bits around, you’ll hit a glass ceiling if you can’t also deal with people.