Have you ever had something bad happen that seems to set the stage for the rest of the day? I’m pretty positive that I had more good things happen today than bad, but I moped around all day like the bluebird of despair.
- I got to ride at the front of the bus (the non-bumpy seats) both to and from work
- It looks like I will get to work with a good Microsoft person on a question that I didn’t even think would work out.
- Almost all my meetings ended early giving me time to do some work.
- I had my favorite bus driver and my favorite bus for the ride home
- I got Netflix working on my Wii and watched the first episode of leverage
- My god-daughter turned 10
- I arrived at work early.
- One of my co-workers offered to buy me lunch.
- My new work call-sign, handed out as a team building exercise, is coincidentally the same as my jersey nickname from college. Nifty!
- The return bus was late and I didn’t get home until 6:30.
- I missed going out for drinks with my team again.
- I had meetings booked every second of today.
- I started the day with over 100 e-mails in my mailbox and over 55 unread. (I keep a clean inbox. Anything over 30 starts to give me agita.)
- I ended the day with over 100 e-mails in my mailbox and 25 unread.
- My first meeting this morning had three unpleasant surprises. I also had to eat cross about a meeting last week that went south. One of the surprises was that the follow-up meeting to the messed-up one, booked for the afternoon was heading south. I got out of the morning meeting. Made calls. Talked to people and got it back on track. Somehow I still managed to piss off all the same people who were made at me in the morning meeting anyway.
- The trip to Lethbridge is back on. I still do not know how I will manage the hotel.
- Some of my staff don’t like their new call signs.
- My staff returned from lunch empty handed. There was nothing for me.The restaurant hadn’t been open. Because I had a meeting at 1, there was no time to run out to lunch. Lunch consisted of a granola bar and three twizllers.
- While getting my morning water, I turned and buckled my ankle causing a fall. (No injuries.)
- I do not think I have enough time to get the adventure finished for tomorrow. Mostly because I really just want to go to bed now. 🙂
- There was one last quirk, but it falls in the TMI category.
Tomorrow will be awesome though.
Plus I did get to make that horrible pun in the title. That makes me smile.