Really? Wow. I want to spend the day reviewing lost fan sites to see how others are reacting. (But I won’t – at least not until the resumes are sent out.)
Two weeks ago there wasn’t a POV character. They shared the focus among the main cast. I thought since all the main cast had gotten a POV episode this season already that maybe that was the norm for the rest of the season. Nope – Jack episode last night.
Really? I mean sure Jack had important things happen to him last night. But – gee – spoilers – stop reading here – other characters bought it! The farm that is.
Things I liked:
- The sub scenes were good. Nice moments with the Kwon’s and Sayid. Lapitas actually got to do something.
- The resolve and implacability of Locke is pretty cool. And the gloves are off.
- This marks a big turning point. Jack finally makes a decision and moves from being a passive character again.
Things I disliked:
- Widdmore could have prevented thing by just not being a twit. I dunno, that level of douchery goes beyond characterization to stupid for the sake of the plot.
- Hasn’t Jack made this decision before in deciding to go back to the island or to trust to Farraday’s plan? Seems to draw a bit away from the impact.
- Couldn’t have been a Sayid episode? I’m just saying his redemption is under pronounced compared to other plot and character elements.
The episodes left:
- Across the Sea
- Why they died
- The End (2 hour finale)
Still lots of questions to answer. Lots.